Friday 3 January 2014

3 Acetates from Dennis' Garage

My friend Orwelle (Bubbly Waves) has decided to join the blog.


Hello, all.

This being my first post here, I thought I would start with something cool.

These are three acetates that were found in Denny's Garage (obviously) for early versions of "San Miguel," "Do It Again" (tentatively titled  here as 'Surf Again'), and "Time to Get Alone." However, the differences presented here aren't too drastic compared to the released versions. You may be able to pick out a different drum part or vocal, but it's nothing too earth-shattering. Also, the quality is pretty good for an acetate and there isn't anything too major (discounting the momentary pops during the beginning of "Time to Get Alone").

More or less, I thought this was interesting and cool to own, like a sort-of historical document, I s'pose. The songs themselves are great, but it may not be something you keep coming back to. But, if you do, then that's great.

I'd like to thank the mysterious person known as SmokyPS for sharing these (who used to own the acetates himself).

Here you all go: click this

More stuff to come in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know historic stuff like this was preserved.

    ReplyDelete