Monday 23 December 2013

SMiLE (my edit)


















Here's another Smile by myself, although it's not really a new mix as much as it is a slight alteration of someone else's (and yes, it's that one I go on about all the ruddy, ruddy time). This fuses the original 60s material with Brian Wilson Presents Smile; obviously it is nothing like what the record would have sounded like had it come out in 1967, but it offers arguably the most full and complete cut of the album possible.
So now everything is in stereo, and there are just a couple tweaks here and there of mine (eg stereo "Gee" from the boxset seamlessly mixed with Barnshine's own edit, plus minor annoyances like the "I believe" vocals removed from BWPS CIFOT and all that). Nothing very new or interesting, but it's another one. In pompous fashion I have named it Smile: Ultimate Edition.

It was also kindly uploaded to YouTube by psychedelicpiper along with the original 3971 edit:


01. Our Prayer / Gee
02. Heroes & Villains
03. Do You Like Worms?
04. Barnyard / The Old Master Painter / My Only Sunshine
05. Cabin Essence
06. Wonderful
07. Look (Song For Children)
08. Child Is Father Of The Man
09. Surf's Up
10. I'm In Great Shape / I Wanna Be Around / Friday Night
11. Vega-Tables
12. On A Holiday
13. Wind Chimes
14. Fire (Mrs O'Leary's Cow)
15. Love To Say Dada
16. In Blue Hawaii
17. Good Vibrations

Download in flac
Download in mp3

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Was listening to this. Amazing work! Do you have the whole thing as a single WAV or FLAC? So that there are no gaps between the tracks?
    If not, do you have any working links for the 3971 versions that are the full length tracks? I can't find anything other than an MP3.

    Thanks for all you work!

    ReplyDelete