Sunday 19 May 2013

SMiLE (soniclovenoize mix)


This one's by soniclovenoize, who apparently specializes in reconstructing lost albums. As it happens, Smile was his first project and he's done two mixes - one based on the track sequencing of BWPS, and the other what he believes the original track sequencing would have been (Brian Wilson himself has admitted the 2004 sequencing is not the same as what the 1967 sequencing would have been). What's more, the 1967 mix is presented in separate stereo and mono versions!

1 comment:

  1. Here are some thoughts: Based on Brian's piano demo of Heroes and Villains, I think its clear that at one point the intention was to have a "Barnyard Suite" incorporated into the song for the album. I believe that after the "children were raised" and dum dum dum ("flutter tone" as Brian called it), the sequence would be : I'm In Great Shape - Barnyard - Old Master Painter/Sunshine - followed by the fade out for Heroes and Villains which I believe was paired with You Are My Sunshine at one point, which further supports this theory. You can hear my entire vision for the album here: https://soundcloud.com/ian-olsen-4/smile-final-mix

    ReplyDelete